Monday, May 29, 2023

Edinburgh

Edinburgh 

Me with Grayfriar’s Bobby
The Kelpies

While I was not sure what I was expecting from Edinburgh, but I absolutely loved it. Despite being a capital city, it felt like a small town, and I was glad to spend our first few days in a city that was not filled with chaotic hustle and bustle.  One of my favorite experiences was seeing Edinburgh castle. The views from the top were spectacular, learning about the history of castle and Scotland was incredibly interesting, and we learned about Bob, a taxidermied dog housed at the castle who was the regimental pet of the 1st Battalion, Scots Fusilier Guards (pictured below). Despite being an unexpected highlight of Edinburgh, Bob wasn’t the only dog I got to see. I also saw Grayfriar’s Bobby, who we learned about in class, and met Princess Rosie, a small, ice cream loving dog at the Kelpies. Another great memory I have of Edinburgh occurred in a souvenir shop. I was wearing my green dog raincoat (are you sensing a dog theme here?), and one of the cashiers said she really liked my coat. So much so, in fact she jokingly offered to give me the stuff I was buying in exchange for my coat, and had me write down the brand of the jacket. My favorite part of our visit to Edinburgh was probably the Kelpies. It was nice to see some of Scotland outside of the city and the 100ft tall Kelpie statues were amazing to see. We also got to walk through the suburbs of Edinburgh, which was a nice detour around the busier parts of the city. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Scotland, and can only hope that I will have another opportunity to visit there!
http://
Edinburgh Castle 
Princess Rosie





Bob at the Edinburgh Castle 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bittersweet

                   To be perfectly honest, I have been putting off writing my final blog because it makes me kind of sad. Maybe melancholic ...